Fascinating articles explaining the success of black (especially those of west African descent) athletes that is totally disproportionate to their percentage of the world population. The article attempts to explain some of the following anomalies:
- All of the thirty-two finalists in the last four Olympic men’s 100-meter races are of West African descent.
- Blacks of exclusively West African ancestry make up 13 percent of the North American and Caribbean population but 40 percent of Major League baseball players, 70 percent of the NFL, and 85 percent of professional basketball players.
- Blacks who trace their ancestry to West Africa, including African Americans, hold more than 95 percent of the top times in sprinting;
- Athletes from one country, Kenya, make up more than one-third of top times in middle and long distance races; including top performances by other East Africans (most from Ethiopia), that domination swells to almost 50 percent.
- Remember the last time a non-black set the men’s world record in the 100-meter sprint? One has to go back to 1960, when German Armin Hary won the Olympic gold medal in 10.2 seconds. The best time by a white 100-meter runner is 10 seconds, which ranks well below two hundred on the all-time list.
- Whites dominate strength based sports such as weightlifting, shot-put and hammer (whites hold 46 of the top 50 throws).
Riots in London spread to Tottenham and Enfield in London after the police shoot dead Mark Duggan in London. The Independent Police Complaints Commission will investigate the shooting.
I know this is a not a “lifestyle” blog, but I thought you would be interested in this story sweeping the UK newspapers and media about a black Nigerian couple of Igbo ancestry who just welcome a new baby girl (Nmachi) into their life. The baby is blonde haired, blue eyed and white.
Benjamin and Angela Ihegboro vow that they are Christians and that they have been faithful to each other. Both their parents are also black. They have noknowledge of white ancestry in their family and the baby is not an albino. Benjamin and Angela already have 2 children (both of whom are black). Doctors are totally flummoxed as to how a white baby was born to black parents. They suspect it might be an unknown genetic mutation and are going to run DNA tests to find out more.
Benjamin Ihegboro said their son was more confused about his white sister than his parents: “Our boy keeps coming to look at his sister and sits down looking puzzled. We are a black family. Suddenly he has a white sister. But all that matters is that she is healthy and that we love her.”