Fascinating articles explaining the success of black (especially those of west African descent) athletes that is totally disproportionate to their percentage of the world population. The article attempts to explain some of the following anomalies:
- All of the thirty-two finalists in the last four Olympic men’s 100-meter races are of West African descent.
- Blacks of exclusively West African ancestry make up 13 percent of the North American and Caribbean population but 40 percent of Major League baseball players, 70 percent of the NFL, and 85 percent of professional basketball players.
- Blacks who trace their ancestry to West Africa, including African Americans, hold more than 95 percent of the top times in sprinting;
- Athletes from one country, Kenya, make up more than one-third of top times in middle and long distance races; including top performances by other East Africans (most from Ethiopia), that domination swells to almost 50 percent.
- Remember the last time a non-black set the men’s world record in the 100-meter sprint? One has to go back to 1960, when German Armin Hary won the Olympic gold medal in 10.2 seconds. The best time by a white 100-meter runner is 10 seconds, which ranks well below two hundred on the all-time list.
- Whites dominate strength based sports such as weightlifting, shot-put and hammer (whites hold 46 of the top 50 throws).
Nigeria’s Chioma Ajunwa-Opara, the only woman to win an individual Olympic gold medal for Nigeria. She won gold in the long jump at the 1996 Olympic games.
She was the first African woman to win an individual gold medal at the Olympic games.
After her athletic career, she is now a police officer. She also spoke about allegations of taking performance enhancing drugs.
Remember Ben Johnson? Former 100 meter world record holder and Olympic champion who was stripped of his Olympic gold medal at the 1988 Seoul Olympics after testing positive for anabolic steroids. The guy who brought the word “stanozolol” into everyday vocabulary…yeah – THAT guy.
Well he’s back, he is about to release his autobiography….and this is his story. He says he was the victim of a conspiracy he says, and someone spiked his drink….