I usually post tidbits of information and archival materials. Well, I think it is time this site became interactive. Over the next few weeks I will post a series of questions about Nigeria on this site. I am inviting you Nigeria buffs to show off how much you really know about Nigeria. Answers to the questions will be posted on here in due course.
This quiz will be rigorous and not an “easy peasy” one. BTW, NO CHEATING or checking wikipedia! ;-)
Answers to yesterday’s questions are in bold below. Due to popular complaint I have posted a list of 10 new EASIER questions! The best mark so far was 4/12! Let’s hope we can do better this time! :-)
1) What is the second most populous state in Nigeria?
2) In which city is the command and staff college located?
3) Who was the Biafran Chief Justice?
4) Abuja became Nigeria’s capital in which year?
5) In which year did Nigeria become a republic?
6) What is the home state of President Umaru Yar’Adua?
7) Who was Nigeria’s last Governor-General?
8) Who is the shortest reigning head of state in Nigeria’s history?
9) What cabinet post did President Yar’Adua’s father hold in the 1960s?
10) True or false: no Kanuri man has ever been Nigeria’s head of state.
Answers to Yesterday’s Questions:
1) Who composed Nigeria’s former National Anthem, “Nigeria we hail thee”?
Lilian Jean Williams
2) Who is the managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation?
Muhammad Sanusi Barkindo
3) The use of Naira and kobo as Nigerian currency took effect from which year?
4) Who was the first American President to visit Nigeria?
5) Who was the first Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps?
6) The first recorded eclipse of the sun in Nigeria occurred in what year?
7) Which Nigerian head of state first launched Universal Primary Education, and what year was it launched in?
General Olusegun Obasanjo – 1976
8) Which individual first made the motion for Nigeria’s independence? …and in what year?
Anthony Enahoro – 1953
9) Which College at Oxford University did Emeka Ojukwu attend?
10) Which Nigerian developed a cholera vaccine?
Dr Njoku Obi
11) Which state is Kainji Dam located in?
12) Who was the first Governor of Katsina State?
Lt-Col Abdullahi Sarki Mukhtar