Interesting article at the link above from the Economist, about the role of the Hisba (Islamic police) in northern Nigerian states that have adopted Sharia law.
Search this Website
- @biolarichards @Chxta Army in western region was resented for allegedly being pro-Akintola. 1 hour ago
- @mucheeze @Chxta Maimalari's murder turned northern troops into undeclared vengeance squads. 1 hour ago
- @UbeMumu @abubakar47i @cheta Jan 66 coup was not much different from later coups in terms of narrow geographic and ethnic base. 1 hour ago
- @abubakar47i @Chxta @abusidiqu Was 1976 coup a "middle belt" coup? Were July 75, and 1983 "northern Muslim" coups? Was Diya's a Yoruba coup? 1 hour ago
- @abubakar47i @abusidiqu @Chxta coups don't have federal character. Note EVERY coup in #Nigerian history had narrow ethnic and regional core. 1 hour ago
More Posts From Max Siollun
abacha abiola africa air force america army author babangida BBC biafra boko haram book books business christian CNN corruption coup crime democracy economics economy education EFCC election entertainment finance football fuel government history independence islam israel lagos literature middle east military money muslim navy news niger delta nigeria nzeogwu obama oil ojukwu palestine palestinian Politics president publish publishing read reading religion ribadu security shell soccer south africa sport sports sudan television terror terrorism united nations USA violence war world cup writing yar'adua
- The Former Prison in #Nigeria Turned into an Artistic Site
- Nigeria Implements “Infra-Red” Test to Check Spread of #Ebola
- Interactive Map and Timeline of all #BokoHaram Attacks
- Readers with Their Copy of #SoldiersofFortune: Number 22 – Sakina Kabir “Awestruck Reader”!
- Interfaith Muslim-Christian Marriages in #Nigeria